Purpose / Mandate
The National Boom Dolly Research Committee has been mandated by the Crane Rental Association of Canada to:
- Access existing or commission research to support the crane rental companies.
- Research and gather all material related to boom dolly.
- Research and gather material related to weights and dimensions.
- Advocate on behalf of CRAC members to increase weights and dimensions where appropriate.
- Develop relationship with international crane industry and share best practices.
- Support R&D of smart technology for crane & dollies.
- Define and formulate strategies and recommendations and report to the BOD.
- Gain government and industry support to reach weights & dimensions regulations to ensure the maximum safety of crane operators, drivers and the general public, during travel to and from job sites.
- Make recommendations to establish a standard weight increase for cranes according to industry recommendations.
- Develop best practices for crane and dolly combinations.
- Increase the participation of manufacturers in the development of smart technologies.
Make recommendations to establish a standard weight increase for cranes.
- Trevor Eckert – Sterling Crane – Chair
- Claire Belanger-Parker – Executive Director
- Gijs (Gus) Verdeijen – Mammoet Canada
- Mike Lavoie – Myshak Crane and Rigging Ltd.
- Jeff Willson – Mammoet Canada
- Bob Picken – Sterling Crane
The member companies participating on this committee are:
If you wish to participate to the work of this committee, please contact Claire Belanger-Parker by email at: claire(at)crac-aclg.ca or by phone at 306-585-2722.